Ship My Boat
Obtain here for economical international boat transportation service and request a free quote for shipping your vessel from USA and Canada to most worlds' countries.
Shipping Your Motor or Sail Boat Internationally?
-Get a free estimation of shipping your vessel abroad!
- Fill in all the required fields and receive your quote in the next 24 hours.
- If you want to proceed and have your boat or yacht shipped with us, just let us know and we will book the shipment of your vessel and give you all necessary instructions through the e-mail or by calling.
|Import Regulations in Portugal |
|Sailing and Boating Regulations|
Boating and sailing regulations can vary greatly depending on the class and craft and type of water sport being practised.
In order to Register the Yacht you will need the following legal documents:
1. Power of attorney to represent the owner
2. Bill of sale with the seller signature duly recognized (if a company recognize in the quality of its representative)
3. Previous register certificate (if any)
4. Alternatively legalized in the local Portuguese Consulate.
5. Permission of the mortgages if any.
How to register a boat in Portugal
A number of forms must be filled out and presented, depending on whether the applicant is the first registered owner, the vessel is owned by a collective group or the vessel is being sold or passed on to another/ other owner(s).
In all cases the following documents of all concerned parties are required: Owner Identification Document; Passport and/ or Identity Card.
In the case of ownership by a collective entity, details of the registered headquarters or base of the collective: Forms as appropriate: #3, 4 or 5; Vessel registration – can be done at a Property registration Conservatory; Proof of Customs Clearance Certificate.